Castaways is a newly built (August 2018) hilltop holiday apartment on the unspoilt Caribbean island of Carriacou. The two-level apartment comfortably sleeps two people.
The apartment is in Hermitage, close (half a mile) to Tyrell Bay, but far enough away to enjoy peace and quiet when it gets livelier in the evenings. The hilltop location provides stunning views and welcome breezes to keep you cool.
Whilst the apartment adjoins our home, the design ensures privacy for our guests and you will be undisturbed although we are happy to provide any advice or suggestions if needed.
Spacious open plan top level providing:
- Fully equipped modern kitchen with full oven/grill, gas hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer.
- Dining area.
- Large corner sofa bed.
- A flat screen smart TV and DVD player (live TV is not available but you can log into your Netflix or Amazon Prime accounts).
- Cloakroom toilet.
- Patio doors (with flyscreens) allow the cooling sea breeze to pass through and give access to covered verandahs with the west facing one leading onto a small garden area.
- UK king-sized double bed with pillow views over the ocean to where the sun rises. Bed linen provided.
- Large dressing area, ample wardrobe space, dressing table with hairdryer and a digital safe.
- Air conditioning unit with remote control.
- Patio doors open onto a large private partially covered verandah with seating and spectacular views.
- Three verandahs and a small garden provide sun or shade at any time of day.
- Panoramic views on all sides.
- Look out for turtles, fireflies, humming birds, iguanas and lizards as well as the local goats and sheep.
- The full drama of the night sky can be admired with views of the Milky Way where a million stars shine back from the inky blackness.
- The secluded hilltop location comes at the price of a climb although a vehicle makes short work of the slope.
- Rustic steps beside the concrete road make walking easier.
- A private, lit, side entrance leads down to the yard and access road.
- Stairs or steps between apartment levels means the property is not wheelchair accessible or considered suitable for anyone with limited mobility or children. Note: Babies who are not yet independently mobile are accepted and a travel cot is available.
What we provide
- Ferry or airport pick up/drop off included if required.
- Well-equipped kitchen (see above) including electric kettle, toaster, espresso maker, sufficient crockery, cutlery, glassware, utensils and cookware (both conventional and microwave) to make self-catering easy.
- Smart TV with separate DVD player and large library of 150 popular DVD titles.
- Book library exchange
- Beach towels and 2 beach mats
- Digital safe
- Bedside lamps and bedside USB charging connections
- Patio furniture and 2 sun loungers
- Iron and ironing board
- WiFi or wired internet connection (bandwidth fine for emails, social media etc but streaming may be slow sometimes)
- Travel cot
- Air conditioner (bedroom only)
- First aid kit, fire extinguisher, fire blanket and smoke detector.
- Shower gel, shampoo and conditioner.
- A weekly change of bed linen and towels for longer stay guests.